When I saw him, I immediately noticed something different.
Instead of his normal jeans and dress shirt he had on a nice pair of dress pants.
Being a smart aleck, I said, “Wow, did you dress up just for me?”
His reply, “No, I’m making a conscience effort to step my game up. Making sure I look sharp to prospects/clients is part of that.”
- Answer the phone with a smile on your face and be up-beat.
- On the first appointment, put on booties to protect their floors.
- Make that tough phone call right now that you’ve been putting off.
- Step your game up and wear dress pants!
Little Things… They make all the difference.
1. Here’s a direct link to the popular PDF: 30 Little Ways To Differentiate Your Remodeling Business (expands on my quick thoughts above)
2. Listen to Remodelers On The Rise Podcast #2 where Rob Baugher talks about how he made a big change and started running a real business vs. letting his remodeling business run him.