There are different times of the year that are natural to step back and take stock of how things are going and where you’re at.
New Year’s is a big one and so is Labor Day.
At Labor Day, you’re through a good portion of the year.
The summer is mostly in the rearview mirror and we get back into a more regular and consistent schedule.
Here are some questions to think about over this long Labor Day weekend:
1. You started the year with some clarity and big plans. When you think of your business – What’s working? What’s not working? Pull out a sheet of paper, slow down for a minute, and write some things out.
2. Your work/life balance – what is your plan for the next 30 days to improve it?
3. How’s the financial side of the business? Are there any expenses to cut? What are you going to invest in this fall?
4. Should you go into your estimating spreadsheet/system and increase things across the board 3%? 3% increase on $500,000 in revenue is $15,000. Small change, big result. It would change a $50,000 project to a $51,500 project. Your prospect won’t blink at that and the extra revenue will help you hit your financial goals.
5. What are you doing to become a better salesperson?
6. Encouragement and Accountability – are you lacking in either of these areas? Should you consider joining a mastermind group of your peers or hiring a business coach to help you?
7. Is there a hard decision you’ve been putting off? Maybe it’s an employee or trade partner you need to have a heart to heart with or let go of. Set a ‘next step’ and a deadline for when you will have the conversation or part ways with them.
8. What’s something you can do in September to feel more organized and in control of your business?
9. Look at your bookshelf – grab a book that you’ve been ‘meaning to read’ or that impacted you in the past – can you read 30 pages of it this weekend?
10. Should you talk to Kyle about your business and how he can help? If you’ve found my content helpful for a while, post Labor Day is a great time to talk. Reply back and just say ‘Let’s Talk’ and we’ll schedule a time to discuss you and your business and how I might be able to help.
Lastly – enjoy a 3-day weekend! You deserve it – you’ve been working hard.
But… When you get back to things on Tuesday – summer is behind us, kids are back in school, it’s time to recommit and kick some butt for the remainder of the year. Let’s go!