Tuesday night I was at our son’s swim meet – he’s 10.
This is his first year swimming – he’s having a great time and working hard.
During his second race (the butterfly) – he spent the majority of the race – as his head popped out of the water – looking to see where the kid a couple lanes over was.
He wanted to beat him and for some reason couldn’t stop sneaking a peak over.
What happens when you spend too much time looking at your remodeling competition vs. being focused on what you need to be doing?
The same thing that happened to my son:
1. It slows you down.
2. It throws you off course.
Am I advising that you ignore your competition?
No. Take a quick glance at them from time to time, but keep focused on your race.
Keep focused on what you need to do to be successful and what you can control.
It’s the start of the month which means that Remodelers AutoPilot clients have accomplished the following the last couple days with little effort on their part:
- Sent their done-for-you email newsletter out to all of their previous clients and prospects
- Added a new prospect to the system to automatically sent out a professional appointment confirmation email and postcard
- Reviewed their sales pipeline and kicked out a follow-up postcard
- Finished a project and added that client to the ‘Completed Job’ sequence which sent out a Client Satisfaction Survey and scheduled other communications that will automatically be sent over the next 18 months
- Reviewed 6 Facebook posts and clicked the ones they wanted – my team has scheduled those posts for them throughout the month of February
That’s a lot of output and organized marketing/sales effort – and not a lot of time and effort for the remodeler.
As Bret with Odd Fellows Contracting has said:
Remodelers AutoPilot is like the least expensive ’employee’ we have. It’s reliable, never gets sick, and is consistent. It helps us keep a professional and organized appearance to our prospects and clients.
Reach out if you’re interested in learning more.