Last week I called a local insurance company for help with a new health plan for 2014. My family and I have an Individual plan that we no longer get to keep… During the initial phone call the salesman asked, “How did you get our number today?”
I answered him: “Well, a couple years ago I called you guys with some questions. I wasn’t a client of yours and told you I was all set with my insurance for now, but had some questions I needed answered. You very patiently and professionally answered all my questions and spent 20 minutes with me and I never forgot that kindness and help. Please let everyone in your office know that is why I called you back and why you now getting my business.”
A couple things to note here:
1. He actually asked me how I found their number! Always, always, always be asking your remodeling prospects how they found you and make sure you are tracking it.
2. They earned my business because they built know, like and trust with me over the phone two years ago. No, I’m not telling you to run out to the house of every Tom, Dick and Harry, but if somebody calls you with questions – make sure you promptly call them back, take the time to answer their questions and give them your thoughts. They will remember your professionalism and help – just like I did with this insurance company.
A few other (unrelated) items:
- Email marketing is a huge part of how I build relationships. I know that you receive plenty of emails everyday and I want you to know that I value and appreciate your time, attention, and interaction to my emails throughout the year. Thank you for taking the time to read, respond, and also implement what we cover! Here’s an article I recently published for Remodeling Magazine related to email marketing.
- Are you going to be attending the NAHB International Builders’ Show in Las Vegas in February? If you are, please reply back and let me know. I’m going to try and hold a little ‘Remodel Your Marketing Meet-up’ during the week. You can come hear me speak on Wednesday, February 5th from 8:00-9:00am. Details on my education session can be found here.
- For the last three years I have been the President of the Board of Directors for an organization called Courageous Kids. Sarah and I are thankful and blessed that we have four healthy kids, but as you know, that isn’t always the case. Please click here for details. I appreciate you giving it a look.
- Lastly, if you’re serious about taking a major step forward with your remodeling business in 2014, then you should request a free 15 minute call with me. The call will allow us to get to know each other a bit and together we can decide on the best next steps. Please request a time by filling this out.