Here’s your Friday 5 (I just made that up)
- I think selling in the upcoming months is going to be harder than what we’ve seen over the last few years. Learn about the sales training course I’m starting on April 29th called Remodel Your Sales Process . 4 of the 20 slots were grabbed yesterday – let me know if you’re interested!
- More remodelers have been thinking about doing some small projects or handyman work during this time period. I interviewed Mike Medford, who started a handyman division a couple years back on the podcast. Good insight and things for you to consider on this timely topic.
- Mindset. I think it’s really important right now to keep a positive mindset. Make sure your getting exercise, call some previous clients to check-in, listen to motivating content, read a book to be inspired, focus in on an area of the business that needs improving and kick its butt, reach out to friends/family and connect. Fight hard to keep your mental game sharp! (Reach out if you’re stuck in a rut on this and I’ll try to help with a motivating reply.)
- My friend and colleague, Diane Gilson, has a new set of videos about job costing that she’s releasing. She’s done a wonderful job with them – if your job costing is needs work – watch her first video here and get to work!
- Send out a hand-written thank you card today. Send some text messages or make some calls to your team and let them know you appreciate them. In the tension of everything that’s happening out there – make sure you are working hard to be kind, appreciative, patient, and supportive. Lead well.
P.S. Literally, as I wrote point 5 out, I thought of our friend Becky, from our church who works at a local hospital. Writing that advice out to you, made me think:
“Kyle, you should text Becky and you guys should order something and have it mailed to her house so that when she gets home after another long/hard day she has something to open that will brighten her day and let her know people care about her and the hard work she’s doing.”
I’m going to work to do that today – who comes to mind for you to do something similar?